How can I reduce fatigue if I am an older adult?

A healthy diet and regular exercise can improve energy levels at all ages. Avoid sugary or starchy foods, and replace them with vegetables. Practice good “sleep hygiene,” which means regular sleep and wake times, no TV in the bedroom and no caffeine after 4pm. Get regular physical exams; your physician can screen you for medical conditions like sleep apnea or heart problems that cause fatigue.

Continue Learning about Seniors' Preventative Health & Wellness

Hawaii Health Alert: How to Prevent the Top Cause of Deadly Injury Among Older People
For American adults over the age of 65, an accidental fall could be fatal. In fact, the rate of fatalities from falls in this group has increased 31 p...
Frailty: Not a Part of Aging
Frailty: Not a Part of Aging
When Hamlet declares “Frailty, thy name is woman,” (he’s criticizing his mother’s—and all women’s—character as weak), it’s clear that he’d never run i...
Why Is Preventative Care So Important for Healthcare Reform?