How can the DMV help ensure that my aging loved one is a safe driver?

Dr. Aruna V. Josyula, MD
Geriatric Medicine Specialist

The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is ultimately responsible for the renewal or revoking of driver’s licenses. However, each person is unique in the deficits that affect his or her ability to drive, and these deficits may not be readily apparent when a person applies for a license renewal. Also, driving ability may change after renewing the license. That is why it is important to regularly assess for difficulties with driving and bring it to the attention of your doctor, so that appropriate next steps can be taken.

Continue Learning about Seniors' Preventative Health & Wellness

4 Reasons to Strength Train as You Age
4 Reasons to Strength Train as You Age
Regular exercise is vital to health at any age, but especially as we get older—and become more prone to joint and muscle stiffness, and orthopedic inj...
Why should I find out the cause of my fatigue if I'm an older adult?
Audrey K. Chun, MDAudrey K. Chun, MD
Fatigue, a problem faced by many older adults, can be caused by several factors including diffic...
Is it safe to start exercising as an older adult?
Diane Armstrong, NASM Elite TrainerDiane Armstrong, NASM Elite Trainer
It is safe for older adults to start exercising.  Get your go ahead from your doctor and get started...
Why Is Preventative Care So Important for Healthcare Reform?