Why is it a good idea to enroll in a LIFE program sooner rather than later?

Dr. Arun S. Rao, MD
Geriatric Medicine Specialist

It's a good idea to enroll in a LIFE (Living Independently for Elders) program sooner rather than later because the enrollment process for LIFE programs takes some time. There's a lot of information to gather. So if people think they or a loved one might be eligible for the program, they should call a LIFE program intake specialist, who can guide them as to where to go next and what kind of assessments they need.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

Continue Learning about Senior Health

Seniors, Don’t Tough Out Your Pain
Seniors, Don’t Tough Out Your Pain
As he approached his eleventh decade, the great vaudeville, radio, film and television comedian George Burns said, “I was brought up to respect my eld...
Why is it so difficult to give up driving as we age?
Dr. Aruna V. Josyula, MDDr. Aruna V. Josyula, MD
In our society, older adults lead very active lives beyond retirement, and driving is the primary me...
How can I tell if an older adult is depressed?
Anthony CirilloAnthony Cirillo
Professors of psychiatry at the University of Rochester Medical Center have pinpointed a number of p...
Where Can Healthcare Technology Be Part of the Solution for Our Aging Population?