Why is the cost of health care important in retirement?

Philip Lisagor, MD
Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular)
The cost of health care in retirement is a significant issue, because people tend to be ill more frequently in later life. Many people retire before they become eligible for Medicare at age 65. Furthermore, even with Medicare, chronic long-term illnesses are not covered and become a financial burden to us.

Continue Learning about Senior Health

Baby Boomers Active in the Bedroom
Baby Boomers Active in the Bedroom
Thirty-two thousand Baby Boomers are members of USA Triathlon; tens of thousands more cycle, swim and jog regularly. An astounding 61 percent say they...
What do nighttime trips to the bathroom mean?
Do you visit the bathroom two or more times a night? Here's something to consider: a checkup. Nig...
What is the mission of the National Resource Center on LGBT Aging?
SAGESAGE
The particular burdens faced by lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) older people have fuel...
How Can I Sleep Better If I'm over 65?
How Can I Sleep Better If I'm over 65?