Who is eligible for LIFE programs?

Dr. Arun S. Rao, MD
Geriatric Medicine Specialist

To be eligible for LIFE (Living Independently for Elders) programs, people have to be:

• 55 years or older
  • living in the catchment area, which is the area that the program serves
  • eligible to be a long-term resident in a nursing home, or nursing home eligible
  • in a living situation assessed to be relatively safe
  • in no imminent danger of having any problems transitioning their locus of care

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

Continue Learning about Senior Health

More Calcium Doesn’t Mean Fewer Fractures in Seniors
Upping calcium intake has always been popular advice for stronger bones—but the connection between the two may be crumbling. Some scientists are sayin...
What can I do to be supportive when my aging loved one stops driving?
Dr. Aruna V. Josyula, MDDr. Aruna V. Josyula, MD
You can help your aging loved one give up driving in a number of ways. You can arrange to have medic...
What does PACE stand for?
Dr. Arun S. Rao, MDDr. Arun S. Rao, MD
PACE stands for Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly. PACE programs have been in existence...
How Big Is the Problem of Senior Hunger in America?