What can I do if I can no longer drive due to my age?

Seniors who can no longer drive safely may find it difficult adjusting to life without a car. However, there are numerous alternative transportation options, especially for seniors. These include Dial-a-Ride programs, public transportation and rides from family members, friends and local organizations.

The most important thing to remember is that driving is a privilege, not a right. Safety must come first.

Continue Learning about Senior Health

More Calcium May Not Mean Fewer Fractures in Seniors
Increasing calcium intake has always been popular advice for strengthening your bones—but the connection between the two may be crumbling. Some scient...
How can LIFE programs help keep elderly people safe at home?
Dr. Arun S. Rao, MDDr. Arun S. Rao, MD
LIFE (Living Independently for Elders) programs take a number of steps to help keep elderly people s...
How can I keep a senior citizen safe during the summer?
Maureen Q. Russell, MPH, RNMaureen Q. Russell, MPH, RN
Hot summer weather can be a challenge for all of us. While taking care of an elder in the summer, ma...
Is There a New Role for Government in Caregiving?