What are Area Agencies on Aging?

Eric Pfeiffer
Psychiatry
Area Agencies on Aging are federally funded community organizations designed to assist elderly persons in finding health, social, respite and other services. They can also help you find volunteer opportunities, meal service sites and senior centers as well as respite care programs. Every sizeable community has one or is served by one. They can be found in your local phone books under a listing of federal government agencies, or through the National Eldercare Locator.
The Art of Caregiving in Alzheimer's Disease

This is an A to Z Guide to the caregiving experience in Alzheimer's disease. It is easy to read, easy to follow. It is authorative, based on thirty years of experieReconce in caring for Alzheimer's...

Continue Learning about Senior Health

Seniors, Don’t Tough Out Your Pain
Seniors, Don’t Tough Out Your Pain
As he approached his eleventh decade, the great vaudeville, radio, film and television comedian George Burns said, “I was brought up to respect my eld...
Why do old people tend to get chilly so easily?
Factors that contribute to the tendency to feel chilly in old age include thinning of the skin and l...
How can LIFE programs help keep elderly people safe at home?
Dr. Arun S. Rao, MDDr. Arun S. Rao, MD
LIFE (Living Independently for Elders) programs take a number of steps to help keep elderly people s...
How Many People Is Meals on Wheels Feeding Daily Across America?