Why do I need to find new responsibilities when I retire?

Every five-year increase in age at retirement is associated with a ten percent decrease in mortality, especially from the heart (perhaps because when you retire you lose a reason for the heart to keep beating). Even if you quit your lifelong day job, pick up another responsibility, so you have to get up in the morning and fulfill a purpose.

YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Senior Health

Why It’s Never Too Late for Exercise
Why It’s Never Too Late for Exercise
Want to boost your brainpower and your fitness? A new study out of Canada illustrates just how good-for-the-brain any activity or exercise can be. Re...
What is aging in place?
Aging in place is when people stay in their home for as long as possible as they age. Thanks to this...
How is an elderly person's family incorporated into the PACE model?
Dr. Pamela A. Fenstemacher, MDDr. Pamela A. Fenstemacher, MD
The PACE (Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly) model incorporates families into elderly pe...
What are the Challenges Competing with Fast Food?