How can I tell if an older adult is depressed?

Anthony Cirillo
Geriatric Medicine
Professors of psychiatry at the University of Rochester Medical Center have pinpointed a number of prime factors for determining seniors at risk for developing depression. The most apparent factors that contribute to depression include low-level depression symptoms, the perception of poor-quality social support, and a past history of depression.

Continue Learning about Senior Health

Opioid Addiction Is Rising in Seniors—Who’s at Fault?
OxyContin has made over $31 billion in sales, and pharma companies have been accused of endangering the health of the elderly—all for a profit. That’...
What is the normal weight range for older adults?
Audrey K. Chun, MDAudrey K. Chun, MD
America's obesity epidemic is constantly in the news and is an issue that should concern you bec...
What are the benefits of social interaction for seniors?
Dr. Arun S. Rao, MDDr. Arun S. Rao, MD
Social interaction for seniors is probably one of the true and tried and tested things that maintain...
How Can I Protect My Lungs as I Get Older?