How does the PACE model improve socialization for the elderly?

Dr. Pamela A. Fenstemacher, MD

The PACE (Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly) model improves socialization for the elderly by providing transportation that can assist participants not only getting to doctors' appointments and seeing their primary care providers, but also getting them to the PACE adult day center. PACE specializes in developing socialization and activities that are appropriate to their level of ability. For many PACE participants, if it wasn't for PACE they would be home-bound because they have problems getting around, or functional deficits.

Continue Learning about Senior Health

Baby Boomers Active in the Bedroom
Baby Boomers Active in the Bedroom
Thirty-two thousand Baby Boomers are members of USA Triathlon; tens of thousands more cycle, swim and jog regularly. An astounding 61 percent say they...
As an older adult, why should I avoid some medications?
Anne FabinyAnne Fabiny
A number of over-the-counter and prescription drugs commonly taken by older people have side effects...
Why do old people tend to get chilly so easily?
Factors that contribute to the tendency to feel chilly in old age include thinning of the skin and l...
How Can I Prevent Accidental Falls as I Get Older?