How does the PACE model improve socialization for the elderly?

Dr. Pamela A. Fenstemacher, MD

The PACE (Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly) model improves socialization for the elderly by providing transportation that can assist participants not only getting to doctors' appointments and seeing their primary care providers, but also getting them to the PACE adult day center. PACE specializes in developing socialization and activities that are appropriate to their level of ability. For many PACE participants, if it wasn't for PACE they would be home-bound because they have problems getting around, or functional deficits.

Continue Learning about Senior Health

The Rise of STDs in Seniors
The Rise of STDs in Seniors
In 1970, when Stephen Stills recorded “Love the One You’re With,” it became a rallying cry for the hippy “free love” movement (more myth than fact, bu...
What can doctors do to reduce the risk of older people falling?
Dr. Oluwatoyin Thomas, MDDr. Oluwatoyin Thomas, MD
Doctors can help reduce the risk of older people falling by talking to them about falls assessment, ...
What are Area Agencies on Aging?
Eric PfeifferEric Pfeiffer
Area Agencies on Aging are federally funded community organizations designed to assist elderly p...
How Can I Protect My Heart as I Get Older?