How will the older person react to questions about his or her driving?

This answer is based on a publication and research conducted by The Hartford and MIT AgeLab:

Older drivers may express strong emotions when someone talks to them about their driving. Nearly one-fourth of older adults reported feeling sad or depressed as a result of the conversation. Less than 10 percent reported responding with anger. Older adults in poor health are more likely to have negative reactions. They may even agree with the assessment of their driving ability but feel depressed at the thought of relinquishing driving privileges.

Continue Learning about Senior Health

Senior ERs Are Saving Lives and Changing Healthcare
Modern emergency rooms (ERs) are often models of speed and efficiency. When your life or limb is on the line, you want a team of healthcare providers ...
What is the size of the elderly LGBT population?
SAGESAGE
The 65+ lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) population in the U.S. will double in size in ...
Is it possible for medication to cause falls in older people?
Dr. Oluwatoyin Thomas, MDDr. Oluwatoyin Thomas, MD
It is possible for medication to cause falls in older people. Medications are one of the first thing...
What Should I Tell My Caregivers About My Health as I Get Older?