How can my health status influence my retirement age?

Philip Lisagor, MD
Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular)
Health status has a major impact on retirement. It is widely found that individuals in poor health generally retire earlier than those in better health. In general, declining health over time, as well as the onset of new health conditions, have been found to be directly related to earlier retirement.

Continue Learning about Senior Health

Seniors, Move It or Gain It
Seniors, Move It or Gain It
Don Pellman, age 99, did the high jump in college, but gave it up for the next 58 years. Then after retirement he decided to get back into track and f...
How can I tell if an older adult is depressed?
Anthony CirilloAnthony Cirillo
Professors of psychiatry at the University of Rochester Medical Center have pinpointed a number of p...
How does the PACE model improve socialization for the elderly?
Dr. Pamela A. Fenstemacher, MDDr. Pamela A. Fenstemacher, MD
The PACE (Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly) model improves socialization for the elderl...
What are the Challenges Competing with Fast Food?