How can I avoid overheating outdoors if I am elderly?

Elderly are especially susceptible to heat-related illnesses. If you must be outdoors, do so during off-peak hours, use sunscreen and wear light-colored clothing and a wide-brimmed hat. Pace yourself and allow more time to do your usual physical activities.

Continue Learning about Senior Health

Senior ERs Are Saving Lives and Changing Healthcare
Modern emergency rooms (ERs) are often models of speed and efficiency. When your life or limb is on the line, you want a team of healthcare providers ...
How do LIFE programs address the issue of fragmented care for the elderly?
Dr. Arun S. Rao, MDDr. Arun S. Rao, MD
LIFE (Living Independently for Elders) programs address the issue of fragmented care for the elderly...
Should my elderly parent see a doctor if he or she is underweight?
Elise McCormack-Granja, MDElise McCormack-Granja, MD
You should pay close attention to your elderly parents if they are underweight. People typically los...
How Have You Made up for the Loss of Money from the Federal Government?