How can I avoid overheating outdoors if I am elderly?

Elderly are especially susceptible to heat-related illnesses. If you must be outdoors, do so during off-peak hours, use sunscreen and wear light-colored clothing and a wide-brimmed hat. Pace yourself and allow more time to do your usual physical activities.

Continue Learning about Senior Health

Opioid Addiction Is Rising in Seniors—Who’s at Fault?
OxyContin has made over $31 billion in sales, and pharma companies have been accused of endangering the health of the elderly—all for a profit. That’...
Do other cultures treat senior citizens better?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Another stereotype that people in industrialized societies have about aging is that things are so mu...
Why see a geriatrician versus a family physician or internist?
Oluwatoyin Thomas, MDOluwatoyin Thomas, MD
While most internists and family physicians provide geriatric care because they take care of the maj...
How Are the Costs of Caregiving Being Addressed?