Should I be planning financially for retirement?

Steven V. Gurland, MD
It is never to early to consider planning for your financial security during your retirement. It is best to have a financial  professional help outline your strategy. You must coordinate your 401k plan, your IRA and your personnel savings to begin the process.

You need to plan for the time when you step away from the main source of your income. Start your 401(k) plan and contribute as much money as you can afford to, without pain. By the end of two years, you will love your foresight. Try to contribute more every year, and increase the percentage contributed for every pay increase. You can survive on what you were making, so each increase that goes to financial security decreases financial stress and the large amount of illnesses that it causes.

YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Senior Health

Opioid Addiction Is Rising in Seniors—Who’s at Fault?
OxyContin has made over $31 billion in sales, and pharma companies have been accused of endangering the health of the elderly—all for a profit. That’...
What is the normal weight range for older adults?
Audrey K. Chun, MDAudrey K. Chun, MD
America's obesity epidemic is constantly in the news and is an issue that should concern you bec...
What can help seniors sleep better?
Alexis AbramsonAlexis Abramson
Changes in sleeping patterns are a normal part of aging. As people age they tend to have a harder ti...
How Can I Protect My Heart as I Get Older?