For the elderly, what are the benefits of the PACE model?

Dr. Pamela A. Fenstemacher, MD

For the elderly the benefits of the PACE (Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly) model include that participants remain at home, avoiding a nursing home or assisted living placement. Most PACE participants see a reduction in hospital stays and many experience an increase in life-expectancy and quality of life. What PACE gives participants that other programs cannot give is a longer life and a higher quality of life with PACE wraparound services. PACE excels in not just giving hands-on care, but also their hearts are there caring for participants.

Continue Learning about Senior Health

Why It’s Never Too Late for Exercise
Why It’s Never Too Late for Exercise
Want to boost your brainpower and your fitness? A new study out of Canada illustrates just how good-for-the-brain any activity or exercise can be. Re...
Why should I consider a LIFE program for my loved one?
Dr. Arun S. Rao, MDDr. Arun S. Rao, MD
You should consider a LIFE (Living Independently for Elders) program for your loved one if you want ...
Why do baby boomers choose to stay in their homes?
Today's baby boomers have taken a stand to stay in their homes. The aging in place movement is a gro...
Is Meals on Wheels Privately or Publically Funded?