For the elderly, what are the benefits of the PACE model?

Dr. Pamela A. Fenstemacher, MD

For the elderly the benefits of the PACE (Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly) model include that participants remain at home, avoiding a nursing home or assisted living placement. Most PACE participants see a reduction in hospital stays and many experience an increase in life-expectancy and quality of life. What PACE gives participants that other programs cannot give is a longer life and a higher quality of life with PACE wraparound services. PACE excels in not just giving hands-on care, but also their hearts are there caring for participants.

Continue Learning about Senior Health

Seniors, Don’t Tough Out Your Pain
Seniors, Don’t Tough Out Your Pain
As he approached his eleventh decade, the great vaudeville, radio, film and television comedian George Burns said, “I was brought up to respect my eld...
How do LIFE programs address the issue of fragmented care for the elderly?
Dr. Arun S. Rao, MDDr. Arun S. Rao, MD
LIFE (Living Independently for Elders) programs address the issue of fragmented care for the elderly...
What are Area Agencies on Aging?
Eric PfeifferEric Pfeiffer
Area Agencies on Aging are federally funded community organizations designed to assist elderly p...
Can Meals on Wheels Expand to Other Populations Besides Seniors?