Who should not use selenium?

You should not use selenium if you have kidney or stomach problems, an underactive thyroid, or a history of skin cancer. If you are a male with known fertility problems, you should not take selenium because some research indicates that it can decrease the ability of sperm to move freely. Finally, do not use selenium if you have known allergies to certain foods, dyes, and animal products. Mineral supplements such as selenium are sometimes manufactured using these products.

Continue Learning about Selenium

How does selenium reduce the risk of cancer?
One of the trace minerals needed by our bodies, selenium largely comes from foods like garlic that a...
How can I get more selenium in my diet to help relieve arthritis?
Dole Nutrition InstituteDole Nutrition Institute
Brazil nuts are a potent source of selenium, which is thought to fight inflammation and help counter...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young
Smart Meals to Boost Your Memory
Smart Meals to Boost Your Memory