What is selenium used for?

Selenium supplements are used to treat selenium deficiency. In addition, some believe that selenium is useful in the treatment of AIDS, some types of cancer, heart disease, kidney and stomach problems, and arthritis. However, more research is needed to establish the effectiveness of selenium treatments for these diseases.

Continue Learning about Selenium

Does selenium really work?
Selenium supplements are known to be effective in the treatment of selenium deficiency. Many cla...
How can I get more selenium in my diet to help relieve arthritis?
Dole Nutrition InstituteDole Nutrition Institute
Brazil nuts are a potent source of selenium, which is thought to fight inflammation and help counter...
Smart Meals to Boost Your Memory
Smart Meals to Boost Your Memory
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young