What is selenium sulfide?

Selenium sulfide is a topical antifungal medication that stops fungus from growing on the skin. It usually comes as a lotion, foam, cream, or shampoo, and it comes in a few different strengths. The 1% and 2.5% strengths are used to treat symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis (scalp infection) and dandruff, and the 2.5% strength may also be used on the body to treat tinea versicolor (a fungal skin infection that discolors the skin).

Continue Learning about Selenium

Should I let my doctor know I’m taking selenium?
Yes, you should always tell your doctor all substances you are taking, including selenium supple...
Is selenium supplementation linked to prostate cancer risk?
Selenium is a mineral found largely in plant foods like garlic, which absorb selenium from the soil....
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young
Smart Meals to Boost Your Memory
Smart Meals to Boost Your Memory