How should I use selenium sulfide?

Selenium sulfide is available in a variety of forms, including shampoos, lotions, creams, and foams. You should follow the directions provided by your doctor or as directed on the product's label. For treating dandruff or scalp infections, wet your hair and scalp and then apply enough selenium sulfide to form a lather. Leave the lather on your head for two or three minutes and rinse. For treating tinea versicolor, apply the medication to your skin and use a little water to work up a lather. Leave the lather on your skin for ten minutes, and then rinse it off. Always wash your hands after using selenium sulfide, and do not leave the medication on your skin for longer than directed. Do not get selenium sulfide in your eyes, mouth, nose, rectum, or vagina. If you do, wash the area thoroughly with water.

Continue Learning about Selenium

What foods contain selenium?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
Good sources of selenium include salmon, tuna, shellfish, turkey, whole wheat bread, and cottage che...
How much selenium do I need per day?
Although we may find that selenium has important antiaging properties, it is a trace mineral that is...
Smart Meals to Boost Your Memory
Smart Meals to Boost Your Memory
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young