What foods and alcohol interact with zolpidem?

While food has little impact, alcohol multiplies the effect of the sleep aid zolpidem, further decreasing your inhibitions and your respiratory drive. Watch sleep expert Michael Breus, PhD, discuss the various dangers of mixing alcohol and zolpidem.

Continue Learning about Sedative-Hypnotic

What is zolpidem?
Zolpidem comes in several forms. This includes regular and extended-release pills that are swallowed...
What should I know before taking zolpidem?
If you have a depressive disorder, zolpidem may not be a good option for you. Because of its potent...
What should I know about ramelteon before taking it?
If you have severe liver impairment, you should not take ramelteon. If you are pregnant, planning a...
What is ramelteon?
Ramelteon (Rozerem) is a synthetic form of the sleep-promoting hormone melatonin. It is FDA-approved...