How soon after taking Ambien CR will my symptoms improve?

Ambien CR (zolpidem tartrate extended-release) can work very quickly, usually within 30 minutes of taking the pill, so you need to take it only when you are ready to sleep for seven or eight hours. Insomnia should resolve in seven to 10 days of taking Ambien CR. You should talk to your doctor about how long you should take the medicine and how your symptoms are responding. 

Continue Learning about Sedative-Hypnotic

What should I know before taking zolpidem?
If you have a depressive disorder, zolpidem may not be a good option for you. Because of its potent...
What are hypnotics?
Hypnotics refer to sleeping pills. Sleeping pills are taken to help with sleeplessness or insomn...
What is zolpidem?
Zolpidem comes in several forms. This includes regular and extended-release pills that are swallowed...
What is ramelteon?
Ramelteon (Rozerem) is a synthetic form of the sleep-promoting hormone melatonin. It is FDA-approved...