How should I take Lunesta?

If you are taking Lunesta to treat your insomnia, you should avoid drinking alcohol or taking any medications or supplements that may interfere with the effectiveness of the drug. You should also avoid getting up earlier than about 8 hours after taking Lunesta, as this may cause hallucinations and other unpleasant side effects. Avoid taking Lunesta with a heavy or high-fat meal.

Continue Learning about Sedative-Hypnotic

What are the effects of sedatives and hypnotics?
Howard J. Shaffer, PhDHoward J. Shaffer, PhD
Sedatives and hypnotics reduce anxiety, create a feeling of well-being, and lower your inhibitio...
What should I know about zaleplon before taking it?
If you are over age 65, zaleplon may not be a good option for you. If you have asthma, chronic obst...
What is eszopiclone (Lunesta)?
Eszopiclone (Lunesta) is FDA-approved for treating people with insomnia that involves difficulty fal...
What is ramelteon?
Ramelteon (Rozerem) is a synthetic form of the sleep-promoting hormone melatonin. It is FDA-approved...