The clinical trials submitted for FDA approval only studied Ambien for 24 weeks - so unfortunately there isn't much safety information about long term use of Ambien. If you are concerned about being dependent on Ambien, it's worth discussion with your doctor about ways to become less dependent on this sleep medication.
- Q Can I drive or operate machinery on zolpidem?
- Q Should I take any special precautions before taking zolpidem?
- Q What is zolpidem?
- Q What foods and alcohol interact with zolpidem?
- Q What are the side effects of zolpidem?
- Q Can I stop taking Ambien immediately?