The clinical trials submitted for FDA approval only studied Ambien for 24 weeks - so unfortunately there isn't much safety information about long term use of Ambien. If you are concerned about being dependent on Ambien, it's worth discussion with your doctor about ways to become less dependent on this sleep medication.
- Q What foods and alcohol interact with zolpidem?
- Q What is zolpidem used to treat?
- Q What side effects does Zolpidem (Ambien) cause?
- Q Can taking zolipem change my mental health?
- Q Does zolpidem have any risks besides the side effects?
- Q Can I stop taking Ambien immediately?