What increases my risk for seasonal affective disorder?

Since seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a form of depression, your risk is if you are female. It is also much more likely to onset during adolescence or early adulthood. In most cases, SAD will occur during fall and winter months, when sunlight hours are much shorter. If you live in an area of the globe - such as the far north or south - you are more likely to experience symptoms of SAD since winter is typically longer and more extreme. Family history may also play a role in your risk for developing SAD, as with other forms of depression.

Continue Learning about Seasonal Affective Disorder

Understanding Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a type of depression that occurs mostly in the fall and winter months when the days are shorter. We talked with p...
How do other illnesses affect seasonal affective disorder?
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) heavily affects one's mood and energy levels, which may be exacerb...
What natural remedies can I use to beat the winter blues?
Peppermint oil is one natural remedy you can use to help beat the winter blues. Watch the video t...
What Natural Remedies Can I Use to Beat the Winter Blues?