How can I deal with the winter blahs?

If you feel this way just around wintertime, you may have seasonal affective disorder (SAD). There are a few things you can try: a full-spectrum light box, omega-3 fatty acids (fish oils), exercise, counseling, and re-vamping your diet. Try to create structure to your day by scheduling your exercise. Get out of bed, have breakfast, and force yourself to go for a walk. Inertia is the devil here.

Exercise of any form, resistance training or cardiovascular exercise, provides opportunity to expend energy, and revitalize you from the overconsumption of food and lack of exercise that occurs during the winter months.  

A great method to exercise is to perform a circuit training program. Circuit training consists of several stations in which the client performs an exercise for a set amount of time or repetitions. Once time or repetitions have been achieved, then the client moves on to the next exercise in the station. Circuits can have as few as three exercises but can be as much as desired.   

Continue Learning about Seasonal Affective Disorder

Coping with Seasonal Affective Disorder: 4 Treatments That Help
While the cooler temperatures and shorter days of fall and winter mean relief from summer heat and sun, they can, for some people, bring changes in mo...
How is seasonal affective disorder diagnosed?
The first step in diagnosing seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is an evaluation by a physician or me...
Can I prevent the onset of seasonal affective disorder (SAD)?
There are no known ways seasonal affective disorder (SAD) can be prevented. If you have a family his...
The Simple Solution for Seasonal Affective Disorder