Should I talk to my doctor about my seasonal affective disorder symptoms?

If you are experiencing symptoms that could be caused by seasonal affective disorder (SAD), you should talk to your doctor. These symptoms may include lethargy, lack of interest in normal activities, appetite fluctuations, weight loss, and difficulty concentrating. It's especially important to talk to a doctor if you're experiencing symptoms and have a family history of seasonal affective disorder or depression. Since the symptoms of SAD usually can have a significant impact on daily life, it's important to have a doctor diagnose the disorder so you can get the best treatment possible.

Continue Learning about Seasonal Affective Disorder

Understanding Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a type of depression that occurs mostly in the fall and winter months when the days are shorter. We talked with p...
Is seasonal affective disorder serious?
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) can be very serious to those who suffer from it. Like most ill...
How is seasonal affective disorder diagnosed?
Sudeepta Varma, MDSudeepta Varma, MD
Seasonal Affective Disorder that occurs in the fall and winter months is diagnosed when people’s dep...
The Simple Solution for Seasonal Affective Disorder