Should I talk to my doctor about my seasonal affective disorder symptoms?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

If you are experiencing symptoms that could be caused by seasonal affective disorder (SAD), you should talk to your doctor. These symptoms may include lethargy, lack of interest in normal activities, appetite fluctuations, weight loss, and difficulty concentrating. It's especially important to talk to a doctor if you're experiencing symptoms and have a family history of seasonal affective disorder or depression. Since the symptoms of SAD usually can have a significant impact on daily life, it's important to have a doctor diagnose the disorder so you can get the best treatment possible.

Continue Learning about Seasonal Affective Disorder

Seasonal Depression in Teens: Is It the Winter Blues or Something More Serious?
The winter holidays are a joyous time for many teens: they’re out of school and opportunities to celebrate and spend time with friends and loved ones ...
Coping with Seasonal Affective Disorder: 4 Treatments That Help
While the cooler temperatures and shorter days of fall and winter mean relief from summer heat and sun, they can, for some people, bring changes in mo...
What Is Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)?
Is Vitamin D Associated with Seasonal Affective Disorder?