Do I need to go to the doctor if I had a mild reaction to seafood?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Family Practitioner

If you have only had a mild reaction to seafood, it can be tempting to forget about it. However, you should go see your doctor as soon as a reaction develops. As is common with food allergies, symptoms can start as mild and later become severe. In order to avoid worsening your seafood allergy, talk to your physician.

Continue Learning about Seafood Allergy

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.