How do medications treat scoliosis?

There is no medication to slow the progression of scoliosis. Instead, scoliosis must be treated with observation, a back brace, or surgery. However, some cases of scoliosis may be caused by other conditions; in these instances, medications to treat the underlying cause of scoliosis may be available.

Continue Learning about Scoliosis

What does "idiopathic scoliosis" mean?
Idiopathic scoliosis is the most common type of scoliosis in young people. Scoliosis is a condition ...
How often does my child need to wear a brace for scoliosis?
Medical City Children’s HospitalMedical City Children’s Hospital
Your child needs to wear a brace for scoliosis full-time. Studies have shown that brace compliance i...
What treatments may help the hip and leg pain from scoliosis?
Memorial Hospital of TampaMemorial Hospital of Tampa
Treatment for hip and leg pain from scoliosis begins with exercise and injections. Surgery may be co...
How will my child feel after surgery for scoliosis?
After surgery for scoliosis your child won't necessarily notice that he or she has had scoliosis fus...