How can I correct scoliosis?

Scoliosis is a very treatable condition. In fact, if the curving of the spine remains relatively slight, no treatment is needed at all. In cases where the curve of the spine becomes more pronounced, a brace is typically worn to slow the progression of scoliosis. The brace will likely keep the spine from curving more, but cannot undo curvature that has already occurred. If a brace does not correct the problem, surgery may be required.

Continue Learning about Scoliosis

What is dextroscoliosis in the lower lumbar spine?
Dr. Allen B. BonillaDr. Allen B. Bonilla
Dextroscoliosis is a term that describes an (abnormal) right curvature of the lower spine. 
What is the ScoliScore test?
Medical City Children’s HospitalMedical City Children’s Hospital
The ScoliScore test is a scoliosis screening test for children in the 10- to 12-year-old age group w...
Can I develop scoliosis as an adult?
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical CenterPresbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
It is possible to develop scoliosis as an adult because of wear and tear on the spine.
What can the blood test for scoliosis determine?
Dr. Eldin E. Karaikovic, MDDr. Eldin E. Karaikovic, MD
It appears that this test is very useful. It predicts that one's curvature has higher or lower c...