Are there any abdominal exercises I can do after scoliosis surgery?

Core exercises and other activities that strengthen the stomach help the most after scoliosis surgery. In this video, Andrew Rah, MD, of West Hills Hospital, shares some techniques to stay healthy after surgery. 

Exercise following any surgical procedure is dictated by the physician who performed the
surgery. Depending on your range of motion, exercises can be as elementary as isometric contractions to abdominal contractions through a full range of motion. The bottom line is that you and your doctor need to discuss your rehabilitation protocol and make sure it is overseen by the appropriate health care professional.

Continue Learning about Scoliosis

What treatments may help the hip and leg pain from scoliosis?
Memorial Hospital of TampaMemorial Hospital of Tampa
Treatment for hip and leg pain from scoliosis begins with exercise and injections. Surgery may be co...
Is structural scoliosis serious?
Most cases of structural scoliosis, especially the mild ones, are not serious. However, severe cases...
Can I develop nonstructural scoliosis as an adult?
In most cases where an adult is suffering from nonstructural scoliosis, the condition was likely pre...
Is scoliosis a type of arthritis?
Samuel A. Joseph Jr., MDSamuel A. Joseph Jr., MD
Scoliosis is not a type of arthritis. In this video, Samuel Joseph, MD, an orthopedic surgeon at Mem...