What sort of doctor should I see for my scoliosis symptoms?

If you suspect you have scoliosis symptoms, you should see your family doctor. Your doctor may take a family medical history, examine you, ask you questions about your symptoms, and take x-rays. They may treat you or refer you to a specialist, such as an orthopedic doctor, for further tests and treatment.

Continue Learning about Scoliosis Symptoms

What are the symptoms of structural scoliosis?
Someone with structural scoliosis likely has one shoulder or one hip that rests higher than the othe...
What are the symptoms of adolescent scoliosis?
Luke Macyszyn, MDLuke Macyszyn, MD
The symptoms of adolescent scoliosis include the following: Back pain: About 40 percent to 60 pe...
Should I talk to my doctor about my nonstructural scoliosis symptoms?
If you are exhibiting any of the symptoms of nonstructural scoliosis, such one shoulder or hip resti...
Should I talk to my doctor about my scoliosis symptoms?
If you are exhibiting any of the symptoms of scoliosis, such as non-aligned hips or shoulders, or a ...