Should I talk to my doctor about my scoliosis symptoms?

If you are exhibiting any of the symptoms of scoliosis, such as non-aligned hips or shoulders, or a sore back when staying in the same position, you should speak with your doctor. It is important to detect scoliosis early in children, as there are treatments that can slow the progression of the curve. For adults, scoliosis that has gone untreated since childhood can cause spinal arthritis, but a doctor may be able to help.

Continue Learning about Scoliosis Symptoms

What are the symptoms of adolescent scoliosis?
Luke Macyszyn, MDLuke Macyszyn, MD
The symptoms of adolescent scoliosis include the following: Back pain: About 40 percent to 60 pe...
What are the symptoms of nonstructural scoliosis?
Someone with nonstructural scoliosis likely has one shoulder or one hip that rests higher than the o...
What sort of doctor should I see for my scoliosis symptoms?
If you suspect you have scoliosis symptoms, you should see your family doctor. Your doctor may take ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my nonstructural scoliosis symptoms?
If you are exhibiting any of the symptoms of nonstructural scoliosis, such one shoulder or hip resti...