Should I talk to my doctor about my nonstructural scoliosis symptoms?

If you are exhibiting any of the symptoms of nonstructural scoliosis, such one shoulder or hip resting higher than the other or a sore back during extended periods in the same position, you should speak with your doctor. Because nonstructural scoliosis is caused by seemingly unrelated conditions, it is important to get diagnosed sooner rather than later so that the underlying condition may be treated. Nonstructural scoliosis can be caused by appendicitis, muscle spasms, or other inflammatory conditions.

Continue Learning about Scoliosis Symptoms

Should I talk to my doctor about my scoliosis symptoms?
If you are exhibiting any of the symptoms of scoliosis, such as non-aligned hips or shoulders, or a ...
What are the symptoms of structural scoliosis?
Someone with structural scoliosis likely has one shoulder or one hip that rests higher than the othe...
What are the symptoms of adolescent scoliosis?
Luke Macyszyn, MDLuke Macyszyn, MD
The symptoms of adolescent scoliosis include the following: Back pain: About 40 percent to 60 pe...
What are the symptoms of nonstructural scoliosis?
Someone with nonstructural scoliosis likely has one shoulder or one hip that rests higher than the o...