How do medications treat infantile scoliosis?

Medications cannot treat infantile scoliosis. However, many children who have infantile scoliosis do not require treatment. Braces, casts, and surgery are the effective treatment methods for this disorder. Medications can only help with controlling back pain in many forms of scoliosis.

Continue Learning about Scoliosis in Children

How do I know if my child needs surgery for scoliosis?
Medical City Children’s HospitalMedical City Children’s Hospital
In a child, surgery for scoliosis is driven by the anatomy of the curve. In children, doctors try to...
Does nonstructural scoliosis affect children differently than adults?
Nonstructural scoliosis typically occurs in children who are still growing, especially before enteri...
What are treatment options for infantile scoliosis?
Treatment for infantile scoliosis is based on the degree of curvature and the possibility of the con...
What causes infantile scoliosis?
The cause of infantile scoliosis is usually undetermined, so the disorder is also known as infantile...