How do medications treat infantile scoliosis?

Medications cannot treat infantile scoliosis. However, many children who have infantile scoliosis do not require treatment. Braces, casts, and surgery are the effective treatment methods for this disorder. Medications can only help with controlling back pain in many forms of scoliosis.

Continue Learning about Scoliosis in Children

Can infantile scoliosis be prevented?
Because the cause of infantile scoliosis is unknown, there are no known ways to prevent the conditio...
How will surgery for scoliosis affect my child?
Medical City Children’s HospitalMedical City Children’s Hospital
Scoliosis surgery for an adolescent child involves taking bones that are starting to grow crookedly,...
What testing is needed for children with a family history of scoliosis?
Eldin E. Karaikovic, MDEldin E. Karaikovic, MD
Children who have a family history of scoliosis have a higher risk of development of scoliosis. ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my child's infantile scoliosis symptoms?
If you suspect your child may have infantile scoliosis, it's a good idea to talk to your child's ped...