How can my child manage his or her infantile scoliosis on a daily basis?

Most children with infantile scoliosis are unaware of their condition, and it does not bother them. The doctor may require that the child wear a brace all day, except for bathing and exercise, for two to three years. Treatment with a brace or surgery can be emotionally difficult for children, so good emotional support is important.

Continue Learning about Scoliosis in Children

Can infantile scoliosis be prevented?
Because the cause of infantile scoliosis is unknown, there are no known ways to prevent the conditio...
How is infantile scoliosis diagnosed?
Pediatricians and clinicians use the medical history, a physical exam, x-rays, and an MRI to diagnos...
Should I talk to my doctor about my child's infantile scoliosis symptoms?
If you suspect your child may have infantile scoliosis, it's a good idea to talk to your child's ped...
When should I call my doctor if I suspect my child has scoliosis?
Call the doctor if you notice any potential symptoms of scoliosis in your child including: a cur...