What is the proper way to stretch to help relieve my sciatica?

Routine back stretching can reduce the nerve root compression that is causing your sciatica. When you stretch, keep your body steady in each position, and try to avoid bouncing or jerking. Hold your position for 30 seconds or longer. Your doctor can help you determine the right types of stretching exercises.

Continue Learning about Sciatica

What is a sciatic nerve?
You have a sciatic nerve on each side of your body. They are the longest and widest nerves in your b...
Can StimRouter help treat sciatic nerve pain?
Dr. William P. McRoberts, MDDr. William P. McRoberts, MD
Regarding sciatic nerve pain, the StimRouter is not the best tool in the bag for these issues, but t...
Will bed rest help my sciatica?
After you first notice your sciatica, one or two days of bed rest may provide some pain relief. Afte...
Is it possible to predict the outcome of a diskectomy for my sciatica?
The surgical procedure that is sometimes used for sciatica relief is called a diskectomy. A diskecto...