Sciatica can be very frustrating. Core strengthening is a key to help stabilize the spine and decrease the compression on your herniated discs. We recommend starting with "isometric" exercises, such as planks, and gentle stretching. With time, medications, and proper strengthening most of these cases resolve.
- Q Will bed rest help my sciatica?
- Q What can I do if epidural injections have not helped my sciatica?
- Q Is it possible to predict the outcome of a diskectomy for my sciatica?
- Q What is a sciatic nerve?
- Q How common is sciatica?
- Q What should I know about caring for someone with sciatica?