What are good exercises for sciatic pain caused by a herniated disc?

Sciatica can be very frustrating. Core strengthening is a key to help stabilize the spine and decrease the compression on your herniated discs. We recommend starting with "isometric" exercises, such as planks, and gentle stretching. With time, medications, and proper strengthening most of these cases resolve.

Continue Learning about Sciatica

What is a natural way to ease pain from sciatica?
To relieve pain from sciatica, try at-home acupuncture. Sit on a chair and place a tennis ball u...
Will bed rest help my sciatica?
Medical Center of TrinityMedical Center of Trinity
Bed rest may further weaken muscles around the spine and cause further problems.
What is sciatica?
Gerald M. SilvermanGerald M. Silverman
The most common example of radiating pain (pain that travels along the entire course of a nerve,...
Is it safe to run if I have sciatica?
Exercising with sciatica can be beneficial, but may pose certain risks, especially for patients who ...