Sciatica can be very frustrating. Core strengthening is a key to help stabilize the spine and decrease the compression on your herniated discs. We recommend starting with "isometric" exercises, such as planks, and gentle stretching. With time, medications, and proper strengthening most of these cases resolve.
- Q When does loss of bladder or bowel function occur with sciatica?
- Q How common is sciatica?
- Q How can I prepare for my doctor appointment if I have sciatica?
- Q What can I do if epidural injections have not helped my sciatica?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for sciatica?
- Q Is it safe to run if I have sciatica?