What age do people typically get sciatica?

Sciatica typically happens to people 30 to 50 years of age. Most people are likely to have some disk deterioration by the time they reach 40 years of age. This deterioration is a leading cause of sciatica.

Continue Learning about Sciatica

Is it possible to predict the outcome of a diskectomy for my sciatica?
The surgical procedure that is sometimes used for sciatica relief is called a diskectomy. A diskecto...
What should I know about caring for someone with sciatica?
If you are caring for someone with sciatica, reassure them that sciatica will often go away by itsel...
What is a natural way to ease pain from sciatica?
To relieve pain from sciatica, try at-home acupuncture. Sit on a chair and place a tennis ball u...
What is the treatment of sciatic nerve pain?
Medical Center of TrinityMedical Center of Trinity
Some of the treatment options for sciatica include physical therapy, chiropractic care, TENS units, ...