How should I sleep if I have sciatica?

If you have sciatica, making some simple bedtime changes may help provide symptom relief. If you usually sleep on your stomach or your back, consider sleeping on your side instead and placing a pillow between your knees. In addition, you may want to try sleeping on a firm mattress for extra back support.

Continue Learning about Sciatica

How does sciatica affect the body?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Sciatica is a symptom that usually occurs due to nerve root compression in your lower spine. The com...
How common is sciatica?
If you have the pain of sciatica, you're not alone. It's fairly common, in fact. Approximately five ...
When does loss of bladder or bowel function occur with sciatica?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
In most cases, sciatica is caused by a nerve root being compressed by a herniated disk located in yo...
What is a sciatic nerve?
The sciatic nerve runs from the spine down the back of the leg to the foot. Pressure on the nerve fr...