How can I prepare for my doctor appointment if I have sciatica?

If your sciatica symptoms are severe or have not improved on their own within a month, you should talk to you doctor. When preparing for your appointment, make a list of all of your symptoms and include information about how long they've been occurring. Note also where they occur in the body (lower back, legs, etc.) and if they are worse during any particular activities or times of day. You'll also want your doctor to know about any recent activities that may have injured your back. In addition, your doctor should be made aware of any other medical conditions you may have and any medications you may be taking. If you have any questions for your doctor, you may want to write those down too.

Continue Learning about Sciatica

When does loss of bladder or bowel function occur with sciatica?
In most cases, sciatica is caused by a nerve root being compressed by a herniated disk located in yo...
Will bed rest help my sciatica?
After you first notice your sciatica, one or two days of bed rest may provide some pain relief. Afte...
What is a natural way to ease pain from sciatica?
To relieve pain from sciatica, try at-home acupuncture. Sit on a chair and place a tennis ball u...
Can StimRouter help treat sciatic nerve pain?
Dr. William P. McRoberts, MDDr. William P. McRoberts, MD
Regarding sciatic nerve pain, the StimRouter is not the best tool in the bag for these issues, but t...