How can I convey danger to my child?

From an early age, your child should be able to read your tone of voice and understand that there's a huge difference between a "You're my sweetie" tone and a "Danger! Danger!" tone, even if she has no idea what the actual words mean. Of course, you can overuse your DefCon 5 tone of voice, so save it for true red-button emergency situations, so that your child knows you mean "Stop immediately!" Oh, she'll test your limits, especially as she gets older, but one of the keys to success and safety is establishing your signals early.
YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade

There’s little doubt that parenting can be one of the most rewarding and satisfying experiences you’ll ever have. But it can be plenty tough, too: Around the clock, you’re working to keep your...

Continue Learning about School Age Child Emotional Health

How does my behavior affect my child?
Charles J. Sophy, MDCharles J. Sophy, MD
You are the primary influencer in your child’s life.  Your behavior does significantly affect your c...
What is vulnerable child syndrome?
Vulnerable child syndrome (VCS) is child perceived to be at risk for behavioral, developmental, or m...
How are different child temperaments dealt with?
Ellen Rome, MDEllen Rome, MD
It's important to know how to handle children with different temperaments. Watch this video as D...
How Are Different Child Temperaments Dealt With?