When should I be concerned about my child’s growth?

Yung-Ping Chin, MD
Questions regarding a child’s growth can arise at any stage of development. Primary care doctors usually refer to a pediatric endocrinologist if they notice an unusual or worrisome growth pattern. If parents have specific growth concerns or would like to have a conversation with a pediatric endocrinologist about growth, we are available for consultation as well.

Continue Learning about School Age Child Development

How can I prepare my child to learn to read?
Kristina D. Esham, MDKristina D. Esham, MD
The most important way to prepare your child to learn to read is to read yourself. Children mode...
More Answers
How can I help my child do his or her homework?
Your children count on you to help them make connections between things that are new to them and wha...
More Answers
How can I teach my kids to be ethical?
Katrina Bramstedt, PhDKatrina Bramstedt, PhD
One method would be to teach children specific ethical principles that can help guide their decision...
More Answers
How Can I Deal with a Clingy Child?
How Can I Deal with a Clingy Child?

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.