How can I prepare my child to learn to read?

The most important way to prepare your child to learn to read is to read yourself. Children model their behavior often after their parents. So if your children notice that you are reading rather than watching television, they will also learn to read. Also, reading with your child is important. If they enjoy reading with you, then they will become curious and want to read themselves.

Continue Learning about School Age Child Development

How can I deal with an intense child?
Lynne KenneyLynne Kenney
You see, children want to be calm and happy. Evolution encourages children to strive – to live w...
How can I help my child to learn to handle stress?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Here is a behavior makeover to help kids cope with stress.One of the best ways is to teach your chil...
How can I deal with a clingy child?
Dr. Heather Wittenberg, PhDDr. Heather Wittenberg, PhD
It is important to encourage your child to play by herself now and then, and this will stretch into ...
How Can I Deal with a Clingy Child?
How Can I Deal with a Clingy Child?