How can I prepare my child to learn to read?

The most important way to prepare your child to learn to read is to read yourself. Children model their behavior often after their parents. So if your children notice that you are reading rather than watching television, they will also learn to read. Also, reading with your child is important. If they enjoy reading with you, then they will become curious and want to read themselves.

Continue Learning about School Age Child Development

How can I teach my children to do the right thing?
Lynne KenneyLynne Kenney
How can you help your child do the right thing when faced with a dilemma? Here are some helpful ...
Why is it important to chart my child’s growth?
It is important for a doctor to chart your child's growth to make sure that your child is growing ap...
What are the things I can teach my child to make her safer?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Here is a behavior makeover to help your child be safer in risky situations.Did you know the times o...
How Can I Deal with a Clingy Child?
How Can I Deal with a Clingy Child?