Although clozapine may help reduce the risk of suicide for some people, it has some serious side effects. Clozapine can lower a person's white blood cell count significantly, leading to health problems. People taking this medication must have their blood levels checked several times a month.
- Q What happens to a person with schizophrenia when they go to the ER?
- Q What kind of counseling is offered for people with schizophrenia?
- Q How does the program In Our Own Voice help people with schizophrenia?
- Q Can the Partnership for Prescription Assistance help with schizophrenia?
- Q Are there wellness strategies to help people with schizophrenia recover?
- Q What is Hearts & Minds therapy for schizophrenia?