Does disorganized schizophrenia affect children differently than adults?

Disorganized schizophrenia affects children and adults in the same way. In both childhood and adult cases of disorganized schizophrenia, individuals display myriad different symptoms. However, there is some evidence that experiencing disorganized schizophrenia while a person is still a child can lead to a better prognosis and fewer complications through adulthood.

Continue Learning about Schizophrenia

The Truth Behind 4 Schizophrenia Myths
The Truth Behind 4 Schizophrenia Myths
Even though that perspective has started to change—approximately 50% can have positive outcomes with the right treatment, says the National Alliance o...
How often do people with schizophrenia commit suicide?
Mental illness is a risk factor for suicide, and the suicide rate among people with schizophrenia is...
Can I help my family member avoid a relapse from schizophrenia?
Mark Moronell, MDMark Moronell, MD
You can help a person with schizophrenia avoid a relapse. According to the National Institute of...
What Do We Know About the Causes of Schizophrenia?