In order to succeed, people must have access to quality mental health care, and they must be responsible for their treatment. Peer support groups are also shown to be beneficial for those in recovery. Still, people living with schizophrenia may need frequent guidance from mental health professionals and other social workers who can help them maintain responsibilities like money management and other daily life tasks. Unfortunately, even with treatment, many people with schizophrenia are unable to manage daily life responsibilities and functioning.
- Q How does schizophrenia treatment differ across countries?
- Q What is Family-to-Family therapy for schizophrenia?
- Q What kind of counseling is offered for people with schizophrenia?
- Q How does psychosocial rehabilitation help people with schizophrenia?
- Q What is peer to peer therapy for schizophrenia?
- Q How can I choose the right doctor to treat my schizophrenia?