In order to succeed, people must have access to quality mental health care, and they must be responsible for their treatment. Peer support groups are also shown to be beneficial for those in recovery. Still, people living with schizophrenia may need frequent guidance from mental health professionals and other social workers who can help them maintain responsibilities like money management and other daily life tasks. Unfortunately, even with treatment, many people with schizophrenia are unable to manage daily life responsibilities and functioning.
- Q What is drug and alcohol treatment for people with schizophrenia?
- Q How does therapy help people with schizophrenia stay on their medications?
- Q Can people recover from schizophrenia without treatment?
- Q How can community-based programs help me if I have schizophrenia?
- Q What if medication doesn't help my schizophrenia symptoms?
- Q What happens if I go off my schizophrenia medications?