In order to succeed, people must have access to quality mental health care, and they must be responsible for their treatment. Peer support groups are also shown to be beneficial for those in recovery. Still, people living with schizophrenia may need frequent guidance from mental health professionals and other social workers who can help them maintain responsibilities like money management and other daily life tasks. Unfortunately, even with treatment, many people with schizophrenia are unable to manage daily life responsibilities and functioning.
- Q How can I find a good mental health professional to treat schizophrenia?
- Q How do medications treat schizophrenia?
- Q How many people with schizophrenia do not take their medications?
- Q What happens to a person with schizophrenia when they go to the ER?
- Q Can group therapy help people with schizophrenia?
- Q How is schizophrenia treated?