In order to succeed, people must have access to quality mental health care, and they must be responsible for their treatment. Peer support groups are also shown to be beneficial for those in recovery. Still, people living with schizophrenia may need frequent guidance from mental health professionals and other social workers who can help them maintain responsibilities like money management and other daily life tasks. Unfortunately, even with treatment, many people with schizophrenia are unable to manage daily life responsibilities and functioning.
- Q Can a person with schizophrenia have a relapse if they are not treated?
- Q Are there wellness strategies to help people with schizophrenia recover?
- Q How can I avoid the side effects of schizophrenia medication?
- Q What medications are used to treat schizophrenia?
- Q Can group therapy help people with schizophrenia?
- Q What happens if I forget to take my medication for schizophrenia?