Who should not take saw palmetto?

You should not take saw palmetto if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you have ever had an allergic reaction to saw palmetto or to any of its ingredients, you should not take this medication. Additionally, if you have medical conditions involving your heart, lungs, stomach, or liver, you should speak to your doctor before taking saw palmetto as it could have potentially dangerous effects on your condition. You should also speak to your doctor if you are taking any other medications, as dangerous drug interactions could occur.

Continue Learning about Saw Palmetto

Can taking saw palmetto relieve benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH)?
In the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), saw palmetto seems to inhibit male hormo...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking saw palmetto?
Yes, you should let your doctor know if you are taking saw palmetto. Since it can interact with othe...
How can saw palmetto help with prostate problems?
Saw palmetto inhibits the influence of a male hormone on prostate tissue. The main effect of saw...
What is the maximum daily dosage for saw palmetto?
The maximum daily dosage for saw palmetto is not known at this time. More research must be done in t...