Should I let my doctor know I am taking saw palmetto?

Yes, you should let your doctor know if you are taking saw palmetto. Since it can interact with other medications and nutritional supplements, your doctor will need to know in case additional medications need to be prescribed for you. Additionally, your doctor should be aware of you taking saw palmetto in case you are having any side effects that would otherwise go unexplained.

Continue Learning about Saw Palmetto

How does saw palmetto help?
Saw palmetto is a small palm tree that grows in the wetlands and coastal plains of the southeast...
What is the maximum daily dosage for saw palmetto?
The maximum daily dosage for saw palmetto is not known at this time. More research must be done in t...
Is saw palmetto safe for children?
No. The effects of saw palmetto on children are not known at this time. More research must be done i...
How can saw palmetto help with prostate problems?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Saw palmetto has become a common herbal treatment for benign prostatic hypertrophy or enlarged prost...