Should I let my doctor know I am taking saw palmetto?

Yes, you should let your doctor know if you are taking saw palmetto. Since it can interact with other medications and nutritional supplements, your doctor will need to know in case additional medications need to be prescribed for you. Additionally, your doctor should be aware of you taking saw palmetto in case you are having any side effects that would otherwise go unexplained.

Continue Learning about Saw Palmetto

Is saw palmetto safe for children?
No. The effects of saw palmetto on children are not known at this time. More research must be done i...
Does saw palmetto interact with other medications and food?
Currently, there is no concrete evidence that saw palmetto interacts negatively with other medicatio...
How does saw palmetto help?
Saw palmetto is a small palm tree that grows in the wetlands and coastal plains of the southeast...
Can taking saw palmetto relieve benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH)?
In the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), saw palmetto seems to inhibit male hormo...