Is there a vaccine for severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)?

Vaccines have recently been developed and tested in clinical trials. The results of the testing suggest that the vaccines should be tolerated well and provide substantial protection. If the SARS virus should reemerge, the vaccine might see widespread use.

Continue Learning about SARS

How do I manage my severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)?
A person who has been diagnosed with severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) may require hospitaliz...
What is the rate of incidence of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)?
Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) entered the human population in 2002 and caused a global ou...
Does severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) cause pneumonia?
Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) often does cause pneumonia (inflammation of the lungs). The...
Would a person exposed to the SARS virus be quarantined?
Quarantine is the confining of a person who has been exposed to a particular illness but does not ha...